The Boathouse on the Lullwater of the Lake is a historic building in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park. Also known as the Audubon Center, the boathouse was designed by protégés of the same team who built NY Penn Station.
This Thursday July 21 is Make Music New York, a day when 1000+ bands play live for free all over New York City. There are a lot of cool events going on. There is also our event at the Boathouse on the Lullwater. Lame Drivers play at 2pm *sharp.* We have been asked to make this set especially “kid-friendly.”
We had a great time playing Make Music NY last year on a street corner in Fort Greene, here’s a video:
It’s going to be 99 degrees tomorrow, a great day to hang out in the park, just be sure to stay hydrated!!
Directions to the Boathouse on the Lullwater of the Lake in Prospect Park after the jump…
The Audubon Center at the Boathouse is located inside the Lincoln Road/Ocean Avenue entrance. Walk along the roadway, cross the Drive and continue following the path downhill through the Cleft Ridge Span Bridge.
By Public Transportation: MTA Maps
• Q, S or B Train to Prospect Park station
• B16 or B43 Bus to Ocean Avenue and Empire Boulevard
• B41 Bus to Flatbush Avenue and Empire Boulevard
From Manhattan: From the Manhattan Bridge take Flatbush Avenue to Grand Army Plaza. Go halfway around the circle and continue on Flatbush Avenue (the Brooklyn Public Library will be on your left and the Park on your right). After you pass the Zoo and the Lefferts Historic House on your right, make a right hand turn at the traffic light at Ocean Avenue. Follow Ocean Avenue to Lincoln Road.
From Queens & Long Island: From the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, exit at Tillary Street and turn left onto Flatbush Avenue. Then follow the directions from Manhattan.
From Staten Island:
• From the Verrazano Bridge follow the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, exit at Atlantic Avenue, making right onto Flatbush Avenue. Then follow the directions from Manhattan.
• Or, follow the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway to the Prospect Expressway, exit at 11th Avenue. Make a left on 11th Avenue. Make a right on Prospect Park Southwest to Park Circle. Go three-fourths around the circle and continue on Parkside Avenue. Make a left on Ocean Avenue to Lincoln Road.
We’ll be playing at the same time as an open mic, and people are encouraged to take the boat out into the lake to play music, too! Make Music NY!