CURRENT LINEUP (no photo exists) – Jason Sigal (guitar), Joe Posner (bass), Jeff Wood (drums)
* Originated in New Jersey, formed in Providence, RI 2004, born again in New York.
* Released music on 75 Or Less, Not Not Fun, State Capital Recordings, Eggy Records, LCMR
* In our youth, we were courted by a larger record label who thought we sounded like Bruce Springsteen. Young Lame Drivers were also compared to a “dirty mix of Replacements/Stooges-influenced pop”, “like a young Replacements or Guided By Voices”, “like the Buzzcocks getting a reacharound from the Descendents,” “rock hard in Jesus & Mary Chain fashion”.
* In summer 2009, Lame Drivers morphed into a 3-piece and is now leaner, darker, and more psychedelic. “You do more…with less” says Gerard.
* Lame Drivers have played shows in 10 states with the likes of Flipper, Kurt Vile, Oxford Collapse, The Gossip, Vic Thrill, We Are Wolves, German Measles, Cause Co-Motion, Home Blitz, So Cow, Total Abuse, Dinowalrus, Clockcleaner, and Buttnaked Butthole
* Past & present Lame Drivers have also played in Home Blitz, Capstan Shafts, Get Him Eat Him, The Great Excape, Gutsies, The Rape Escape, Kleenex Girl Wonder, and other projects.